Friday, July 1, 2011

Last Day at work for a week ...

Well, sorta. I"m going on vacation to the beach next week but I already know that I'm going to have to work part of Wednesday and Thursday so instead of a vacation, I'm just going to call it working from a remote location in Florida. Yay (insert sarcastic font). Aside from the daily work out, I'm planning on the following -- consume alcohol, sit in a sun chair, jump in a pool, eat, hit some golf balls, buy some terrible t-shirts ... repeat. 

In other news, I've made a number of observations that I can't go with out mentioning:
  • One last Transformers observation -- we were in a packed theater and people clapped, oowed and awed through out the movie.  I'm not sure I've ever clapped in a movie ... except maybe once. And that was after seeing the end of Sex and the City 2 - I applauded loudly to celebrate that piece of smoldering shite was over. 
  • The "architect" of our economy thinks he might resign soon. He should get a golden shower, not a golden parachute. 
  • The NBA is locking out its players and I'm actually really happy about it. I am gutted for my friend who works for the Hawks and I hope that this doesn't' affect his job / salary, etc., but on a selfish note, I'm happy that I don't have to hear about LeBron for a while. Then again, he might have another charity show where he makes a "decision" to try out another sport "I'm going to take my talents and enroll at THE Ohio State University to play QB."
  • In a move that made no sense to anyone involved -  I felt adventerous and ran over to Retired Sorority Girl's house with a 15 - 20 pounds of stuff in a ruck sack. Unless you've trained to do this, don't ... it is a horrible idea. 
  • Someone on MSNBC called the president a "dick" ... which is just awesome. I'd actually enjoy the news more if people actually shared their true thought on the air (what if the ONN was real). But it just furthers my common theme for my political rants:  Since the president himself doesn't have any respect for the office, why should we? Obama sits behind his pulpit and mocks congressional leaders for going on vacation for the 4th -- and then he immediately gets on a tax funded flight to go campaigning for the 2012 election.  Yup -- sounds about right. 
  • And finally ... 4th of July is around the corner and I'm gearing up for what feels like my 50th Peachtree Road Race.  The good news, its not going to rain ... bad news, high is 98 on Monday. At least the shores of the Gulf are on the horizon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment