Monday, July 18, 2011

APD is on the case ...

You can attribute the following article as reason 4,624 my car doesn't spend much time at Retired Sorority Girl's place (link). More than THIRTY cars were broken into Sunday AM ... THIRTY. How did someone not see THIRTY cars getting broken into on the side of the street in Atlanta? Don't worry ... APD is on the case.  Here's how I know they are on the case - the neighbors called, reported the incident and the APD said ... we are on the case. 

Luckily, Retired Sorority Girl's car was in the garage and she was out of town, but her roommate and neighbor's cars were all broken into and things were stolen. Not that I care that much about my car, but the last thing I want to do is walk out and see that my car is broken into and/or stolen (course, I guess I wouldn't see my car if it were stolen). Oh and yeah, a bank robber was shot by the police (30 times) in the apartments (literally) across the street from her condo ... sorry, just sayin.

Ahh ... crime in Atlanta. It might just be me, but the current crime wave seems almost as bad as when I was a kid and Atlanta was known as the murder capital of the United States. Just watch the local news and you'll see four / five murders / rapes in the first 60 seconds of the newscast. According to the local leadership (not saying which party they are affiliated but you can count on some Obama votes from that crew), this has nothing to do with the unemployment rate (10 - 15% - depending upon who you ask) in Atlanta. Sure ... and heat strokes have nothing to do with the 102 degree temperatures.

Instead of giving you a driver's license at 16, they ought to hand everyone a kevlar vest and wish everyone good luck. But the good news ... the APD is on the case!

No comments:

Post a Comment