Sunday, July 31, 2011

It's the end of the world as we know it ... err ... maybe not

According to CNN and a few other news channels, the world might end tomorrow. Well, I'm not sure if the end of the world will occur, but its certainly going to be a pretty interesting next 24 hours.

Rumor has it (and I'm saying rumor has it b/c I have absolutely no idea) a deal is about to be made involving the US debt and all will be saved.  I'm not sure I believe it, but what else is there for us to do.  I'm pretty sure its not the end of the world or else I would be in the mountains somewhere watching the world through a scope or a pair of binoculars.

Oh and as I watch this, a Breaking News Bulletin just broke through to announce swinging Joe Biden is negotiating on behalf of the White House. Sweet ... I guess Obama is too busy to attend any meetings or better yet, he's already hunkered down in his bunker waiting for the collapse. Nothing screams awesome like an invisible leader.

In other news, I'm off to San Diego this week and looking forward to the trip -- well, that is if the airports still exist later this week.  Also had a good weekend and learned a few entertaining facts:

  • Chicken Apple sausage might be the greatest thing ever 
  • 9mm casings will burn / blister your skin if you don't dispose of them properly 
  • The movie Unknown and Taken are kinda similar but you should ignore that fact b/c Liam Niesen seriously f@#s up some bad / good guys 
  • The Rise of the Planet of the Apes trailer is on repeat and I wil not see this movie. I get it ... apes take over the world. But here's my question, and yes, I took this from WWTTD, did we run out of bullets? Why didn't we just shoot all the apes when they started to attack people ... just sayin. 
  • Hung out at the Wolf Mountain winery in N. Georgia -- actually, really cool place with some good food. Try it out if you are in the N. Georgia mountains - oh and I can't really drink wine so I'm assuming the wine was amazing.
  • I'm 50 days away from being on vacation with out a blackberry or the ability of anyone from work from calling me ... I can't express how much I want to be out of cell service for 7 days 
  • Oh and 32 days until I'm going to Boston / Fenway for Yankees v. Red Sox -- thanks Retired Sorority Girl ... might be the greatest gift in the World ... well, that is if we survive the next 24 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment