Thursday, June 30, 2011

Movie of the Summer ... Transformers 3

Yes, I know most of you will never see this movie and I will get mocked for loving it, but the movie was amazeballs.  Granted, the plot wasn't the strongest in the world, but the fighting and the CGI was phenomenal. I felt like a kid again after seeing the movie and actually had dreams about Transformers.  If you want to see a movie that won't make you and has hours (literally) of fighting and patriotic cinematography, go see Transformers 3. Some takeaways:
  • Highly, highly suggest that you see Transformers 1 and kinda watch Transformers 2 before seeing this ... I felt bad for Retired Sorority Girl because she had no idea what was going on.  Pretty sure she hated it but then again, I hated dueling pianos so fair trade.
  • Michael Bay delivers with his unique cinematography that I absolutely love. Great colors, hot women, American flags, tanks, military and a couple of key stars juxtaposed with slow motion shots, panning and perfectly timed zoom shots. I love all of his movies and this one will certainly fit in the Top 5 on my Bay list.
  • Lots of people have been bashing Rosie Huntington-Whiteley for not being Megan Fox and she's not, but ... she is a Victoria Secret Model with an English accent so I don't think people should complain.
  • Optimus Prime has some new weapons that are pretty bad ass until he gets stuck in some cables ... that was just weird.
  • They blow up Chicago -- and you can recognize it. They clearly shot the movie in Chicago and didn't rely on back lot sets because the streets, buildings, landmarks are all really visual and feels like you know the city they are destroying. 
  • Stunts were awesome -- I saw the base jumping stunt on YouTube a few weeks ago and it really comes off in the movie. Now I want to work in some special operations until where I base jump in a winged flight suit ... if I could only be so lucky.  
  • The fight scenes were fantastic and there were tons of them. If you haven't seen the first two movies, then you might be lost, but, iff you saw the first two movies, then the fight scenes will make perfect sense and the one liners will be funny. 
  • Lots of big names in the cast with some really entertaining roles. Never thought I'd see John Malcovich in a Transformers movie ... then again, he did do Con Air.  
  • As always, there were some amazing cars and gadgets through out - love the Ferrari 430 Transformer and the AMG Mercedes.   
  • He made fun of Obama a few times which I found highly entertaining 
  • Retired Sorority girl's takeaway -- how come the girl's outfit was so clean and white the whole movie? She was running around in broken buildings and didn't get dirty at all?
  • McDreamy is in the movie and in perfect Bay form, he turns a cultural hearth throb in to a sniveling bad guy -- loved it. He could have made his death a bit more creative.
  • The ending was good (fight was awesome) and I'm not sure they can do a sequel, plus I've heard this is the last one. 
  • I saw the movie in 3D / IMAX and while the production was good, it was not worth the $20+ dollars a ticket.  I don't mean the movie, I mean 3D and IMAX at AMC Theaters / Atlantic Station.  We had to get extra pairs of 3D glasses and the "IMAX screen" felt really small. Also confirmed that this will probably be the last time you will ever catch me anywhere near Atlantic Station. 
I'm sure I will go see it again and certainly pre-order it on Blu-ray so I can watch it over and over again ... and probably merge it together with the the other two movies Godfather style.  So go see it ... It brought me back to my childhood for a few hours which is always a good thing. Oh and rumor has it ... Bad Boys 3 is on the way ... YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment