Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Guilty until proven innocent ...

I clearly don't think she's innocent, but it was interesting to watch the verdict in the Anthony trial this afternoon. She went from potentially getting the death penalty to conviction of a couple of misdemeanors ... which means -- she's about to get probation. Personally, I wasn't surprised that she was found innocent because this case has been a circus from the get go.

I was very interested in watching the public opinion on Facebook and Twitter blow up over the outrage of the verdict and how she is "so" guilty.  I understand the emotions that a case like this holds, but my assumption is that all those who are making the remarks clearly missed or skipped 7, 8 and 9 grade where we took classes on civics and how our court system works. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work in the ways we want. And it also goes to show ... paying to much attention to CNN isn't very good for us.  Thank goodness I'll be on vacation this evening and won't have a chance to listen to Anderson Cooper ramble on an on about it.

Enough serious stuff ... I"m headed out on vacation. Pics and what not to follow, but not in a timely manner. I'm actually going to try and enjoy some down time from technology and everything else in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment