Tuesday, July 26, 2011

APD IS ON THE CASE !!!

After a fairly eventful morning, I left the office with two co-workers to head out for lunch. I pulled out of my parking garage, slowed down at a red light, turned right on red ... and then noticed an APD car flying around the corner with its lights on. I pulled over to the side, thinking he was going to catch one of the many drug deals / shootings going on at Five Points, but no ... he was pulling me over.  I was a bit shocked and finally pulled over ... actually took me a second to figure out what was going on because none of us were sure why I was getting pulled over.

I grab my license (new one, woo hoo) and registartion and handed it to the bowed up cop (who was wearing a kevlar vest which means the area is rough, especially on people who do some sort of violation with a crosswalk).  He asked me what I did wrong and I said, "didn't make a complete stop at the red light" ... wrong answer.  Apperantly, I stoped in a cross walk and didn't allow for the person (waiting on a Marta bus) to walk across the street. Right ... so I'm sitting there thinking, I'm getting a ticket for God knows what and its not going to be cheap. The APD comes back to the car, hands me my drivers license and tells me to be careful and watch out for pedestrians. 

So ... no ticket ... but I got pulled over because I might have impeded on a potential pedestian and my car passed through the crosswalk. I'm supposed my other options are to:
  • Not drive near a side walk 
  • Not drive near people who may or may not cross the street
  • Not drive ??? 
I'm still confused by the incident. If I were a conspiracy theorist, which I am not, I would say I got pulled over because I have recently pointed out some of the stellar work conducted by the APD. Since I know that can't be true, I'm going to say its the end of the month, we have no $$$ and they are collecting on tickets because we counted 9 police cars giving out tickets between my office and Edgewood ... a five mile drive. 

Here's what I learned ... Nothing ... seriously. I've learned nothing. Buy a helicopter?

No comments:

Post a Comment