Monday, July 11, 2011

Vacation ... sorta

Last week, I headed out of town to San Destin to spend some quality time by the water. Granted, I don't love the beach, but it was nice to get away and sorta get out of work. Granted, I did spend almost a full day on vacation working, I was at least working from a Starbucks by the beach, and not in the office. So I guess that is kinda a good thing.

Recap of some fun things from my vacation:
  • I'm not good at golf -- never have been, never will.  I have a better chance of winning the lottery than hitting 9 greens with a drive off the tee box. Despite that fact - once I learn that I will never win, I think I will enjoy golf a lot more. 
  • Oh and back to golf ... some pros put symbols on their golf balls so they can find them. I prefer full phrases such as:  Canada, America's Trucker Hat; My Home Is The Water; Suck It Trebek; Bates for President. Unfortunately, these are great, until you shank one into a Honda Accord in someones front yard. Note to self -- don't personalize golf balls.
  • I don't care for sea weed -- its just nasty.  
  • Retired Sorority girl loves pictures with me in them ... she hasn't realized yet that I might not love to be in lots of pictures. The result of having a father as a photographer ... 
  • Wolfy did an amazing job traversing Eastern Alabama and Northern Florida. We made it to San Destin in 5 and half hours and home in a bout 4 and a half hours. Rumor has it, he is more aerodynamic and capable of better speeds early in the morning. 
  • The billboards on I-10 are fantastic.  You get to read and learn about abortion, drugs and how most people die of hitting a tree when driving on the interstate.  Good to know! 
  • Mushroom and Lobster Beignets might be the most amazing thing ever 
  • Watercolor and Seaside are fantastic -- I'm not sure why I'm just finding out about it now. 
  • Food trucks in Seaside are terrific - everyone should try them 
  • All vacations should include two way radios ... they make everything better
  • I used the new camera and tried to take some artsy photos ... I call them Claude Monet meets Watercolor Waterlilies
  • Dr. Noisewater and his fiance are getting married in San Destin in March -should be a really good time and looking forward to returning back to San Destin -- taking suggestions on any non $3,000 a week houses in Seaside / Watercolor






No comments:

Post a Comment