Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The best holiday songs

Since its the holiday season, what better way to celebrate than with Christmas music. Well, if you are like me and Clark Griswold, you are about fed up with Bing Crosby and are looking for some other quality, entertaining holiday songs. So I give you a few of Jed's favorite holiday songs that aren't necessarily traditional holiday songs (especially Fall Out Boy's):
  1. Run DMC -- Christmas in Hollis: This must be at the top of ever list ... "it was Dec. 24th in Hollis Ave in the dark ... "
  2. U2 -- Baby Please Come Home: Old school Bono singing about Christmas and a cool video. The U2 version edges out the Bon Jovi version by an inch.
  3. Mariah Carey -- All I Want For Christmas: yeah, this made the list b/c this was before Mariah went full on crazy and its covered in almost every holiday movie / chic flick. Plus, Honey was on Satelite radio this morning and for some reason, I hvae Mariah on the brain. Someone please end me.
  4. The Waitresses --Christmas Wrapping: A holiday must and my personal favorite ... love this song -- "Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Couldn't Miss This One This Year."
  5. Fall Out Boy -- Yule Shoot Your Eye Out: If you hate someone this holiday season, then this song is for you -- Love it! If I truly hated anyone, I'd send this to them, but alas, I do not, so this is if for you all to enjoy. "Your The Last Thing I Want To See, Underneath The Tree, Merry Christmas, I Could Care Less."
  6. Wham -- Last Christmas: Seems like most of the Christmas songs are from the 80's. I remember my sister playing this song over and over again when I was a kid. And she had a huge crush on that other guy, not George Michael, the other one that no one remembers. Boy George maybe?

So these are just a few ... I know there are hundreds more. Regardless, this is a quick list that will get you over listening to Peter, Paul & Mary or Bing Frickin Crosby over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment