Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 1.5 in snowy London

I'll have some more time to update later, but here are a few quick points about my first 1.5 days in the UK (pics to follow):
  • Flight was an adventure - sat next to a very giant guy who had tourettes. Not kidding, every couple of minutes he would yell f*ck, sh*t ... it was odd. When he lost his iPod at the 3 hour mark, I thought the stewardess was going to re-route the flight due to his outburts. I dealt with it by the mighty power of sleeping pills
  • Landed to tons of snow and 1/2 the highways closed ... No wanna be american kate at the airport so I set off on an adventure to get to the countryside
  • Journey was amazing -- took one tube, three trains, a cab and a wandered across some open areas in the snow ... it was beautiful and incredible. The city is covered in 8 - 12 inches of snow and its amazing
  • Found my way to Kate, immediately went to a pub, had a few pints and then went out to the farm to take care of the horses.
  • Drove around in the snow and realized that London deals with snow much like Atlanta ... they don't so well
  • Slept for 12 hours -- most sleep I've had in months
Lots of pictures and updates to come later ... off to find some trouble. If the roads open, we are off to Bath and the Cotswolds tomorrow ... if not, pubs and playing in the snow. Woo Hoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment