Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Days 4 and 5 and maybe 6 ... I've lost track

The whirlwind trip continues and having an incredible time ... so much so, I'm questioning coming home. If only they could figure out a way to bring College Football here.

The days are running together so a few updates and some pictures. It is still very cold, but I'm having such a good time, I've barely noticed.
  • Jamie Oliver's restaurant -- went to Jamie Oliver's in Kingston. I've been before but this time was a different experience and the food was phenomenal. Unfortunately, Jamie didn't cook at our table which gives me another reason to come back and play.
  • English TV -- its very bizarre and highly entertaining. Watching some show last night that the City / Hills, but based in Essex. Half of the show, I had no idea what people were saying, but the actresses and their outfits made up for it.
  • Hand and Spear -- name of the pub we went to the other night. Love British pub names ... oh and I love the Cider. Regardless that its below freezing, its all state of mind and the Cider is awesome. Also went to a few other entertaining pubs with Wanna Be American Kate where I'm pretty sure we solved all of the world's problems
  • Saw Santa (Father Christmas) and some sort of dancing bear exhibit that reminded me of Usher / Rockabilly Explosion and Showbiz Pizza ... I think the kids were scared
  • Met up with Frenchy and people watched on the King's Road. Few pints and Kebabs with Frenchy is always a good time
  • New art exhibit at The National Gallery and a new sculpture / art of a giant ship in a bottle. Love love love the national gallery and the opportunity to see Monet, Manet, Renoir, etc ... Too bad the High Museum doesn't have an exhibit like the NG. Then again, we didn't pilfer Germany after the War ... of art.
  • Christmas Tree in Trafalgar Square looked about 100 feet tall and was a gift from Nowary. Apparently, they left their weather here too.
  • Made my yearly trip to Harrods to pick up a few essentials and eat the worlds greatest Hot Fudge Sundae. I think its justified for the seven mile walk I took in the AM.
  • Windows at Harrods and Harvey Nicks have some very interesting takes on Christmas. I love em but they aren't something you'd see in the States.
  • Saw the changing of the guard -- seen it many times but never on Dec. 7. They played a piece of the Star Spangled Banner in tribute to Pearl Harbor.






No comments:

Post a Comment