Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 2 and 3

Well, the first thing that I ran into today is the fact that the English keyboards are different ... how could I forget something like that ... anywhoo, sorry for the typos.

Day 2 and 3 were amazing and ended up seeing old friends in London and then heading to the Cotswolds for the weekend. Lots more updates to come when I'm home but here are some updates:
  • Borough market at Christmas = amazing. Had a Reindeer burger and hummed Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer as I devoured the burger. Everyone should try Reindeer ... really good.
  • Wandered around East London with Pippen and went to the Dovetail to drink some Belgian beers. Nothing warms you up in the snow like some Kwak and Duvel.
  • The Christmas tree in front of St. Paul's is impressive ... so are the little people dressed as elves standing around it. I figured the church might have an issue with that until I saw a picture of "Father Christmas" who looked like the pope with a beard.
  • Caught up with the Frenchman at the Sloney Pony in Parsons Green. Always great to see Frenchy - he is in great form and really knows how to put life in perspective. I only saw him for 1.5 hours and it was a giant ! mark on the trip.
  • Drove to the Cotswolds -- unfortunately Nems and Pippen wouldn't let me drive ... so unfortunately. As we pulled into Gloucester County, the snow was pouring down. It was really beautiful. Highly recommend everyone spend a weekend in the Costwolds just to say you've been there ... done that.
  • Went to Bath for the Christmas festival. Ended up on a one car train that was highly entertaining. All I have to say is I regret that I didn't live in England as a teenager. They have a A LOT more fun than American teens.
  • Bath Abbey -- we went in for the shopper holiday service and sang Christmas Carols with a couple thousand people. Very pretty and got us all ready for the holidays.
  • Wandered around Bath and drank the famous Bath water ... pretty sure I have a tapeworm now. Most God Awful beverage ever. I had to drink 5 pints and two hot chocolates and Bailey's to get it out of my system.
  • Enjoyed a night by the fireplace in the Cotswolds eating fine cheese and drinking Belgian beer. Pretty sure Nems should go ahead and call her house in the Cotswolds a Bed and Breakfast ... great place.
  • Went to the Christmas market on the South bank and had one of the greatest crepes of all time -- chocolate, nutella and bailey's ... common theme here. Anything with Bailey's is phenomenal. Can you make a Bailey's steak sauce?
More to come ... couple of pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment