Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Looks like I'm officially English

In the spirit of the Royal Wedding and the massive media bombardment of all things English, I've decided to go ahead and announce that i'm offically English. No, not because I'm almost 100% English in my heritage, but more because I spent three hours a the dentist this morning to determine that I have ... wait for it ... bad teeth. Yes, that's right -- I have bad teeth.  Granted, in the UK, my teeth would be on display for their greatness, but on this side of the pond, I'm pretty much as bad as it gets.

According to my new dentists, and some pretty awful x-rays, I need two root canals, two crowns and some cavities filled ASAP (and its ASAP b/c I currently have a nerve exposed which hurts like a Sonofabitch). I heard a rumor that root canals are fun and not that painful. I also heard a rumor gunshot wounds are less painful than root canals.  Oh boy. Something to look forward to. Oh and one more neat thing -- root canals and dental surgery are not cheap. So goodbye cruise / week in the Caribbean, goodbye trip to Europe at the end of the year. Woo Hoo. I'm so excited!

Let's just say I better get some amazing pain killers or this newly crowned Englishman is going to get drunk, put on a track suit, gold chains and hurl some paint bombs at a few yobs. 

In other news ... oh, who am I kidding, there is no other news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment