Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Belated Easter

I hope everyone had a great Easter. I was lucky to have some amazing weather and I go the chance to spend the day with my friends and their families. Nothing says fun Sunday like good friends, great food and the Braves and Red Sox winning (both are 1 game away from finally being .500).

Keeping up with Captain Fry - some fun things from the weekend and upcoming week (granted, I was low key this weekend so more of key learnings):
  • Over the weekend I drove a friend's new BMW M3 -- who knew that reverse wasn't down to the left, but directly to the left. The car behind me found out as I almost hammered it Friday afternoon, but narrowly avoided the crisis. Quick tip -- when driving an M3, make sure you give your self plenty space with the other car b/c that V8 engine will sneak up on you ... oh and make sure its in first gear and not reverse. 
  • Taking care of a dog that doesn't listen isn't a whole lot of fun. Oh and having the dog dislocate your thumb with the leash isn't much fun either. So far, Nessie the Dog 1 ... Jed 0 
  • Since the pup wakes up at six AM, I was stuck watching some really fun TV -- like the 2012 Football preview (not sure how this is relevant but according to the Fox Sports South show, expect big things from Georgia Tech ... pfft - whatever). Here's what else I learned - Mercer has a football team (starting in 2013) and their coach new coach is ... wait for it ... wait for it ... former tremendous Furman failure Bobby Lamb, aka. the man who tried to destroy Furman football. Ha ha ha. Awesome. I've met some Mercer fans and they are proud of their teams. Too bad they are about to learn what its like to steal defeat from the jaws of victory.  Might as well change their mascot from a Bear to Eeyore. 
  • Inman Park Festival is this weekend and I have a new camera.  All of this means I will lose said camera around 7 PM on Saturday evening. Yay for Inman Park Festival!  
  • Training all week with the new Garmin watch -- great item for training. Just make sure you acquire the satellites or else it transposes you running somewhere else. Yesterday, I ran 3 miles in northern Mississippi. 
  • Oh and just for Fry -- by Thursday, Obama will admit to having ground troops in Libya. Cause you can't do close air support / laser guided bombs with out someone on the ground directing these lasers. Pretty sure the track suit rebel army (who fired rockets backwards yesterday) isn't capable of painting a target with a laser.  

No comments:

Post a Comment