Wednesday, September 12, 2012

It's Wednesday!

Lots of haps going on in the World today.  From the looks of the news this morning, its going to get ugly in a hurry so I thought I'd throw in some other random updates:  
  • FACEBOOK! - yeah, so pending any insurgencies at the airport, I'm heading to Facebook on Friday for a meeting. Aside from the sky miles that you get for a day trip across the country, I'm excited to actually get to go to a really cool office space -- or so I have it built up in my head.  I'm expecting a really amazing atmosphere and hopefully won't be disappointed. Our office flooded with water the other day so you could show me an empty room with the Facebook logo, a fax machine and some chairs and I'd find it entertaining.  
  • Looks like our Allies are up to their old tricks in the mid-east again.  Very tragic that 4 people, including our ambassador, were killed last night in Libya during a protest over a movie.  Don't forget, another "spontaneous" riot occurred at our embassy in Cairo, Egypt.  If I were a politician, I'd ask myself, where were the local security forces and why weren't they protecting our embassy? Actually, I'd ask myself why the hell are we in this debacle? Course, no one knows that answer so my next question is when are the Marines going in and how do we put drones on a 24/7 rotation across that part of the world (pretty sure that's already happening). To say this situation is going to get worse is an understatement.  
  • Break in -- we either did or didn't have someone try and break into our place the other night but what I can tell you is that the alarm going off at 430 AM is not a good feeling.  
  • Presidential Election -- I quit watching it. In fact, I watched the movie Election last night with Reese Witherspoon and Matthew Broderick. Yeah, way more entertaining than listening to old people ramble about irrelevant policy and blame everyone else. 
  • Snow White and the Huntsman -- anyone seen this? I watched it and was waiting for Edward to appear and kill the witch. He didn't and so I was disappointed and curious why I wasted the $5 U-Verse On Demand fee.  If I have to put up with some horrible acting (Kristen Stewart), then I need vampires. 
  • Swimming with Dolphins -- no, I'm not going to hang out with Luca Brazi and sleep with the fishes, instead  I'm going to the Bahamas in a month and going to swim with some Dolphins. Rumor has it, I've worked for a while without a vacation so I'm headed off to an area where my blackberry won't work for a week.  Pretty sure it will be paradise. 
Yeah, so that's all I got. Not much to share ... let's hope the trip ends up meeting all of my expectations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment