Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Another year, another birthday ... oh I'm getting old

This past weekend, I celebrated another birthday but in a very relaxed, yet amazing time.  Retired Sorority Girl took me to quite possibly the best meal Jed's ever had at Bones.  Not only was the food amazing, but the service was amazing ... outstanding.

Aside from my quick shout out to Bones, here are some other takeaways / experiences from the birthday:

  • Friday is the best day for a birthday -- we had a great happy hour(s) enjoying some entertaining conversation, football, Braves and English pints 
  • Maker's Mark 46 is liquid gold 
  • The Zaxby's birthday cake shake is a phenomenal meal for your birthday lunch - everyone should have one.
  • Go to Bones -- not only is the food amazing but they put confetti all over your table. LOVED IT! 
  • I"m lucky that my birthday falls right when College Football starts. I'm also lucky to have three flat screens to set up in the living room to watch endless hours of football entertainment.  
While this year didn't have the extravaganza / flair of last year's trip to Boston, the day / weekend still was one of my favorites because I was able to spend it with friends and family ... and football.  Now if we could only figure out a way to get those Brits over here, then it would have been a perfect day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment