Friday, September 28, 2012

And today ... I'm in Wichita!



Normally, not much to say about Wichita, but today, I have lots to say.  And I'm actually not going to say too much because I don't have time but ... as we were setting up for a work event tomorrow, the US Air Force Thunderbirds flew over.  I was gutted that I didn't snap any photos but my disappointment didn't last as I was shocked to see that they came back ... and then continued to fly overhead for the next two hours.

Nothing beats working while an F-16 flies about 50 feet off the deck at around 300 MPH. At one point, one hit Mach 1 as we heard the sound barrier boom.  Really cool and can't believe I"m going to say it ... excited that I'm working on a weekend in Wichita.

The good news, I'll get to see a lot more of it tomorrow. The Wichita Air Show at McConnell Air Force Base is tomorrow so all day I'll get to see all types of military air craft scream by over head. Almost worth missing Chipper Jones retirement night and the UGA / UT game ... ok, actually not even close to missing that. Still crushed I'm missing Chipper's last home stand.  Yickety! 




No comments:

Post a Comment