Thursday, January 5, 2012

The good old days

This week, lots of tech and PR people are getting ready for CES. While they are getting ready for the madness, I'm sitting at home laughing.  After 12 years of CES, I'm happy to say I've been CES free for two years.  Yes, I had some amazing times at CES, but the trade show takes years off of your life, physically and emotionally. The kids these days have no clue what it was like when there was a strong economy and people actually spent lots of money at these show ... and when there was actually good media who wrote positive things about technology products rather than just destroying them in print (and digitally) to make a name for them selves.  Anywhoo, good luck all you CES peeps. I'll be happy to miss it and enjoy the week at home.

I also saw this video released by Philips this AM. Good stuff -- not nearly as good as the IFA videos from the mid '00s that had a really horrible spokesperson ramble through all the products. Wonder what happened to that guy? I'm sure he's making millions as an international spokesperson ... or working for a marketing agency and not making millions. 

Videos below for your Thursday AM entertainment -- make sure you watch the bottom two for a good laugh. 






No comments:

Post a Comment