Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My State of the Union

I did my civic duty last night and watched the State of the Union address ... for ten minutes ... and then watched the recap on CNN.  Here's my take on it -- and this isn't political, just some random observations:
  • Joe Biden has a giant mole on his forehead -- HDTV is not generous to him.  Also -- I'm hoping that was vodka in his glass b/c he was getting aggressive in his standing up as the speech went along. 
  • Creating a new agency to manage illegals or something -- not sure but that one will fail ... more government, more spending. Just build a giant wall with machine gun nests. Woo Hoo! 
  • The Generals don't stand up ... didn't see them stand up once in the 15 ovations I witnessed.
  • Lots of the women wear really bright colors and the men wear dark suits. I'd like to see this turn into a fashion show ... let's flaunt some bright colors ... maybe someone dressed in a red white and blue flag? If your going to force us to listen to 90 minutes of campaign shit, then make it colorful. 
  • And does the Capital have a barber or a hairdresser? I mean if I was going to be on national TV and tens of millions watching me, then I would make sure I didn't look like I just rolled out of bed. 
  • SOTU should be like pop up video -- comedians should weigh in on funny things that are going on through out the speech. 
  • Boehner's not tanned ... he's orange 
  • I think Family Guy needs to mock the SOTU address - imagine Stewie as the president 
  • Tweet of the night: "4 more years of this and we'll have to build a border fence to keep people in."
  • Facebook comment of the night -- "Obama's SOTU theme is an homage to Lost - "We can't go back." --- to which i replied, "Can Jack's father be Joe Biden?" 

Here's the good news, no more SOTU addresses for a year. Here's the bad news ... it's an election year and the campaigning is only going to get worse. ANYONE BUT THESE IDIOTS IN 2012!!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment