Wednesday, June 22, 2011

So ... does that mean your lowering taxes?

Sorry Captain Fry ... I've been MIA b/c of work this week.  I'll be sure to be better about updates this week so you have something to read at work.

I just watched President Obama's speech about Afghanistan which was delivered well, but then again, I saw a homeless man singing Backstreet Boys this morning and I thought he delivered that well too ... here's what I learned / some takeaways:

  • POTUS went against General Patreaus' plan - which isn't really the best idea, and 33,000 troops are coming home by the summer of 2012. 
  • CNN reports that most of them are not combat troops -- what are the other 70,000 going to do for food? I bet they opened some Arby's in Kabul - I hear they are really popular in the mideast. 
  • We are going to negotiate with the Taliban for peace and they need to abide by the Afghan constitution -- wait, there is an Afghan constitution? 
  • Wolf Blitzer informed me (ok, the viewing audience) that the fighting season coincides with the harvest season for heroine and weed -- nice! They also showed a segment where the Afghan army was cooking with the plates from their kevlar vests and smoking hash -- sweet! Let's make sure we give them some advanced weaponry.
  • My favorite VP, smilin Joe Biden, helped decide the troop withdrawal which is like asking me what we should do with the economy -- spend, baby, spend! SUVs for everyone! 
  • POTUS thanked Pakistan  for helping us fight terrorism ... If I were the English, I'd be angry. 
  • There are 300,000 soldiers in the Afghanistan army -- I'm going to go out on a limb and say these 300,000 aren't combat ready. Oh and we are spending 500 billion dollars arming these guys with kevlar cooking dishes and uniforms to hide their weed. 
  • "It's now time to focus on rebuilding America" - I think this is a great idea but what does that mean lower taxes? I sure hope so ... Daddy needs a vacation and a new SUV pronto.
  • Oh and he announced there is not a single American troop in Libya ... does the CIA count? 
  • Nancy Pelosi just announced she is against POTUS speech -- I didn't realize she was still relevant?  
  • Lindsay Graham gave the Republican response speech - Lindsay Graham talks about himself in the third person too much ... so much so the interview was uncomfortable to watch. Bob Dole would have been proud.  

No comments:

Post a Comment