Thursday, June 16, 2011

Viva Puerto Rico

Yes, its Thursday and I'm going to bash on the anointed one. Why oh why do you spend 7 hours on a plane for a 4 hour meeting in Puerto Rico? If it were me for my job, that would make sense but why is the president doing it?  Oh, because Puerto Ricans have large population centers in swing states - which might be important come 2012!

Never mind Yemen, Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, the economy, jobs -- I'm just going to blame all of those issues on previous presidents / administrations and head off to PR to rally those voters and conduct a speech that might go down as one of the more miserable speeches in a while. I actually saw an intern present a report to me the other day and at least she pronounced the Spanish words correctly and she went to Georgia State - not an Ivy League school.

On the blame front, I'm honestly surprised that we haven't figured out a way to blame Jefferson, Madison and the other fore fathers for not writing a better Constitution. 

I'd provide some real footage of the speech, but why when John Stewart provides some nice content and commentary. Good to see he thinks as highly of this trip as I do.






No comments:

Post a Comment