Wednesday, June 15, 2011

To the left, to the left, to the left coast ... for a few minutes anyways

Sorry for the MIA -- I was sequestered to the left coast for a few days. For both of you that read the blog, you know that I have been heading over there a bit for work and I actually don't mind.  Yes, I'm tired when I get home but such amazing food, cool people and most importantly, non 100 degree weather. Couple of takeaways from this trip:
  1. 48 hour trips to the left coast are not advisable unless you have a good sense of humor, a good travel companion, pain reliever and gallons of water. 
  2. Conservation is cool and I get it ... but not to the point where you have to collect water by the drop out of the faucet -- don't love that about the left coastians.
  3. Conservation is cool and I get it #2 in SAT form:  Smart Cars, Gum, Shoe  = Roadkill, Tire, 18 Wheeler
  4. Incredible weather ... high of 60 degrees with a low of 50 degrees = heaven ... especially when you left Atlanta at 8 AM and it was 92. Even when we were in Silicon Valley it was a high of 80.   
  5. Love the fact that San Francisco is a walking city -- if you walked in Atlanta, you will either pass out from a heat stroke or the natives will relieve you of your personal belonging  unless you are carrying a ninja sword or wearing kevlar.
  6. Silicon Valley -- cool place ... not sure I would ever vacation there but I can see why people want to live there. Oh and Noah's Bagels -- almost as awesome as Goldbergs. 
  7. Traffic in San Francisco / San Jose -- yeah, they have nothing to complain about ... it doesn't compare to the crap we sit through over here. I also enjoyed it b/c the average car was an X5 or some suped up Toyota doing 120 with flex fuel. 
  8. Gas prices -- now why are the left coastians paying the same gas prices as we are in Atlanta? That clearly needs some explanation. 
  9. The San Francisco Airport Delta Terminal -- finally, I found a terminal more miserable than Hartsfield. Congrats SFO! Your food option of Perry's is just sad ... two words for you: Chick Fila. 
Unfortunately, I didn't get to stay long and I'm in hopes that my next trip will involve some down time and some hijinx with the left coastians. Lucky for all of you, I'm headed to San Diego in August and Portland in September so expect more stories as I try to unlock the secret behind the left coastians.  

No comments:

Post a Comment