Thursday, June 2, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Work has been insane so I haven't had the chance to catch everyone up on the lastest so I'll do the usual and add in some fun tidbits from the last 4 day weekend.
  1. Friday night -- I went to the suburbs to see a dueling piano event with the retired sorority girl and some of her friends.  It was ... something. I remember the first two hours and then was drunk ... drunk b/c that is the only way you can watch dueling pianos in the suburbs.  To me, watching a bunch of mid 40's drunk women isn't exactly my idea of the greatest event ever. Regardless, I was drunk therefore, I had fun. 
  2. Saturday -- After nursing my hang over, I did nothing. That's right ... absoultely nothing. 
  3. Sunday -- What better way to start off a beautiful day than with a six mile run. What better way to run a six mile run than on mile 4 trip, fall, bruise your ankle, wrist, leg and scrape up a large portion of your leg. Mind you, this "fall" occurred in front of four people who found it pretty funny ... I admit, it must have looked funny. 
  4. Sunday continued -- car battery died. Seems the Jetta didn't want to play nice so I had to get VW assistance to give Wolfy a jump. My favorite part of the day -- the roadside assistance guy had a tattoo of a naked woman having sex with a giant stack of money on his left forearm. He must have played football at Ohio State. 
  5. Monday -- After some shopping and planning a vacation with retired sorority girl (yay, vacation on a cruise. Sorry Europeans, no trip this year - I need relaxation and alcohol nearby this year), I did nothing but watch war movies and River Monsters. What better way to remember those lost and those that serve by watching:  A Bridge Too Far, The Longest Day, Hamburger Hill and Armageddon all in the same day. I mixed in some Ancient Aliens and River Monsters as well. Oh ... and no, I have no idea why TNT shows Armageddon once a week. They trying to tell us something? 
Now for fun-nes for this week!
  1. Work - if it were called fun, then we wouldn't call it work.   
  2. Summerfest -- that's right boys and girls, my neighborhood festival is this weekend which means, brunch, booze, sun and I have no idea what else. Should be a fun weekend!
  3. Also booking another vacation with Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, his fiance and the retired sorority girl to Destin right after the 4th of July.  You know, I'm spending a whole lot of my vacation time at the beach ... and I hate the beach. Seriously, I enjoy sand about as much as I enjoy N. Africa, which ironically, has a lot of sand. Maybe I should rethink these beach excursions and head for pub country ... or ... I could do both? Hmm -- fingers crossed for some extra cash to appear.
  4. Oh and its 99 degrees today -- do you know what its like to train outside for a 10K and Half Marathon in 99 degree heat with smog?  It's FA BU LO US ... just like the rapper. 
  5. I've decided that for my birthday this September, Jed is going to buy a new car. Time to pass along the Jetta to another sorority girl and fully embrace the stigma of a Southerner by purchasing a gas guzzling SUV.  Looking at the Explorer or the Acadia -- if you have thoughts, keep them to your self because I don't care. I just want a giant SUV that I can store my new assault rifle, golf clubs, random things and bottles of water when the apocalypse / alien invasion starts on Dec. 21, 2012. 
Oh boy ... that vacation can't get here soon enough ... Calgon, take me away ... seriously, take me some where, anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment