Friday, May 6, 2011

Guess where I'm not going on vacation?

Karachi, Islamabad, Abbotabad or any other place in Pakistan. Here's why:
  • I'm not so fond of Goat meat 
  • I don't really want to watch a Cricket match in the heat
  • Their flag has too much green in it
  • I'm not aware of any signature drinks that I can sip on the beaches outside of Karachi 
  • I couldn't name a Pakistani rock band if they were sitting in front of me
  • Their Air Force isnt' very good and I like the countries I visit to have a strong Air Force. I mean, when a certain Western Nation recently took down a high profile target, it took the Pakistan Air Force 40 minutes to get planes in the air to "investigate" what was going on (in a house, next to a military base ... in a city, 30 miles north of Islamabad) 
  • Osama Bin Laden lived there for 5 YEARS WITH OUT ANYONE KNOWING! -- Ok, honestly, who cares about points 1 - 4 and #5 only has me slightly concerned. He lived there for FIVE YEARS. I'm not sure what's more disturbing, that he lived there for FIVE YEARS and no one knew about it (cough, cough) or the fact that our CIA had a house across the street watching it since the end of 2010. Trust me, I'm beyond elated that he's gone, I just find the timing and some of the background puzzling. No, I'm not going all Loose Change Conspiracy Theory ... just saying that something isn't adding up.  
In other news, Frenchy wrote on Facebook that he is skeptical of Obama which completely blew my mind. I never thought I'd see the day when a European wasn't enchanted by President Obama. Now if only we could find someone to run against him in 2012 ... Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

No comments:

Post a Comment