Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Happy Tuesday

Lots of things happened this weekend ... but we won't talk about any of those political issues. Let's focus on something fun:
  • Caught up with Skrat, The General and Officer 173 out in Suburbia to talk about the good ole days at SHS. Great time and always fun to relive some of my most memorable years of playing baseball. Of all the days I played baseball, my Junior year in High School was by far the best. Some amazing team mates, friends and most importatly, the best coach I had in all the years I played baseball. 

  • Friday and Saturday I attended the festivities for Athen's Girls wedding. It was a great time by all and I'll post some of the picture (and yes, all the bride shots are from behind the group b/c I"m not the photographer). Always good to meet up with some old friends and watch two happy people get married. I've known Athens Girl for over 20 years so you gotta love a wedding where one of your longest friends get married.  Oh and all the UGA connections and announcements were entertaining ... there was even an ex-Atlanta mayor in attendance.  One key lesson / think Jed forgot ... a flask ... always carry a flask. 

  • In my latest move to purchase dangerous things, I acquire a .22 Walter hand gun. Granted, it's only a .22 but it is a ton of fun to shoot. My only advice, be careful of the casings flying out the side. I have two blister marks on my forearm from when the casings bounced off the wall onto my arm.

  • Started coaching baseball again and wow ... did I miss baseball.  Of course, it is always good to have some good "students" and after about 10 minutes, all of my drills from HS and College came back to life. I'm thinking that once I'm over this professional gig, I'm going to go rebuild a High School program and win a few championships ... or lose a lot ... but we will have fun a long the way and probably cause a few fights. 

Hopefully more rants and emails to follow this week. No travel for 10 days and it actually looks like I'm going to have some free time. I'd do almost anything to remove all the drama from life and have a quiet couple of weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment