Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Anyone seen my DeLorean?

Today has been so much fun, I actually goggled DeLorean / Time Machine to see if there was a way to go back or fast forward time.  Pretty much, the sky is falling ... and I say that because a giant tree limb hit my car on the way into work this morning as well. Yeah, that will wake you up.

Lucky for me, no damage but I've learned that if things are going to happen, you should bet on it will happen to me ... unless that "happen" is winning the lottery. Needless to say I've donated so much to the lottery / education system, I'm pretty sure there will be an elementary school named after me soon. 

So that made me think, if I had a DeLorian, what personal things would I go back and change (aside from today and the current goat rodeo):
  1. This morning ... and pretty much all of this week. It's just been a giant festering terd from minute one except for the weather. I'm loving the 60 degree mornings!

  2. Throwing Greg Mulucknik (Sophomore Year, Catcher for Duke University) an 0-2 Fastball, belt high that he hit so hard, it broke the sound barrier and landed about 520 feet away. I still have nightmares about that pitch.

  3. Owning a Pink Bicycle when I was a teenager -- just a poor, poor decision

  4. Car accidents 1, 2 and 3 which all resulted in concussions:  I'd like to go back and just say, "Hey Jed, just get a cab home. You know these women don't know how to drive and being the passenger is only going to cause you broken bones." Granted, accident 3 did have a man driving but for the sake of argument, let's call him a woman.  

  5. Mumford and Sons and Arrested Development in concert:  I saw both of these bands live and I want my time back.  Also, I guess you can add the movies Kansas City and What Dreams May Come -- two movies I saw in the theater (both were dates) that I wish to never see again.

  6. 2001 and 2002 - Two years filled with poor decisions and I'd like to go back and re-arrange a few events.

  7. Not investing in Google ... I had a chance, but I think I bought some furniture or a TV or something.  

  8. The night I bet $2,000 on Black (roulette) because Wesley Snipes said, "always bet on black".  Guess what ... always bet on Red

  9. The comment I made as I walked off the baseball field my senior year in college, "Yeah, I'm done with running. You won't see me running unless I"m being chased by the cops."  Fast foward 40 pounds and I think I should have never stopped running. 

  10. My first three months in London:  I wish I would have had a better attitude about it all ... would have been a much better time and good chance I would still be there.  Not that being back is bad, but when you compare Atlanta and London ... enough said, you can't compare Atlanta and London other than they are both cities and both have people.

  11. Sundance Film Festival:  I worked Five of them and only have a handful of drunken actor stories ... I should have more. Oh and yes, Jeremey Piven is a clown.

  12. Taking Red Pants and WWJCD to Felini's for lunch and then backing my six week old Explorer into a concert pole resulting in $7,000 worth of damage. 

These are just a few and I'm sure there are thousands more but I found it a fun exercise to attempt to sway a pretty lousy morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment