Wednesday, August 24, 2011

EARTHQUAKE !!!

I don't know about you, but that quake yesterday (the one that CNN and NBC wouldn't stop talking about) really shook me up.  So much so that the elevator isn't working, forcing me to take the stairs, and we lost AC for 42 seconds! 42 seconds ... ahhhhh! 

Ok, I get it ... if you were in DC or VA, it would be frightening but for the media to keep going on and on and on about how it was felt in Atlanta and Nashville, at significant levels, is just wrong ... really wrong. I've been in an earthquake, they suck ... I hate them ... this wasn't one of those. 

Anywhoo ... enough about my ramble on it ... let's make fun of Wolf Blitzer:
  • Naturally, there is a nuclear power plant in VA so CNN had to wonder if it was going to "melt down".  Quote of the day came from some random engineer who responded to the following question (not verbatim): "Question -- Do you feel that this earthquake is going to have the same effects as the reactor in Fukishimia, Japan?"  Response -- "Well, Wolf, not really because this was only a 5.0 instead of an 8.9 and most importantly, a 70 foot wall of water didn't hit the reactor." 

Here are some pics of the damage:  LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment