Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Did someone say Apocalypse?

I'm really not sure what the major new channels and the History channel are going to do if we survive December 21, 2012. We almost have two years until the "pending doom" date but the media is fixed on our "predisposed" death. Personally, I find it pretty entertaining because the Mayans have predicted this date for thousands of years. Then again, I'm pretty sure the World was supposed to end when I was in fourth, sixth, eight and eleventh grade. Maybe it did and we are all really living in the Matrix? Or are we really living inside of a dream, inside of a dream, inside of a dream as Christopher Nolan would like us to think?

Regardless, the death of all the birds in Arkansas and Louisiana is a bit odd and could loosely be connected to a sign of a pending Apocalypse, but before we go there, have you been to Arkansas and Louisiana (disclaimer, I spent a lot of my childhood there so I have every right to bash it)? I'm going to go out on a limb and say that its probably due to the oil, gas or abundance of chemical /fertilizer / paper mills near by causing something odd to happen. It's not like we are saying this region is an ecological safe haven (not saying it's not nice either, just saying). If you drink the water there, it tastes like pure chlorine because it has been "purified" so many times.

The death of the birds and fish does have a slight resemblance to some of the comments made on the majority of the History Channels programming over the last month focusing on Nostradamus and the Mayan theories on how we are going to die. Also, it is exactly what happened in the beginning of one of the greatest movies of all time, The Core. Yes, that Aaron Eckart and Hilary Swank classic where we sent a "special" mole ship to the center of the Earth to restart the Core with a bunch of nuclear warheads. It was a super flick and I'm pretty sure its on the USA Network or Telemundo as we speak.

So maybe the end of the world is nigh or lots of aliens are about to return to Earth and push us around a bit. I'm all for speculation and conspiracy theories but until I find the right ones, I'm say we panic a little bit more, worry about the end of the world and enjoy some trailers from Armageddon, Deep Impact and The Core. I can tell you one thing, if the end is really coming, I'm going to be close to Jerry Bruckheimier.





No comments:

Post a Comment