Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 ... a review in iTunes

In the past, I'd right some long winded ramble about the previous year and how things are going to be amazing the next year. Well, we already know 2011 is going to be great and I really don't feel the need to ramble about the obvious, so, how about we see how 2011 year went based on the most played songs on my iTunes:
  1. Mosh, Eminem: Yeah, certainly not your feel good song of the year but clearly my number one song for all the 5K, 10K and half marathons I ran last year. It won't be #1 in 2011, but I'm sure it will make the list.
  2. Love The Way You Lie, Eminem: Another running mix song as well as it became a joke at work. We made a game where you had to figure out ways to work in these song lyrics into conference calls. And who says you can't have fun in a professional environment?
  3. (Tie) Over and Forever, Drake / Kanye West / Lil Wayne: Running mix (surprise, surprise) as well as a song played at most college football pre-games - "last name EVER, first name GREATEST"
  4. Secrets, One Republic - Well, either I watched too much Gossip Girl or it was about a girl. The lyric: "Just don't let me disappear, I'mma tell you everything" -- yup. Note to self: keep secrets.
  5. Born Free, Kid Rock: I'm going to get shot for this comment, but I like this song. Yes, Kid Rock might have sold his soul to TBS for the baseball playoffs, but its a catchy song and I like his new album. Good to see it was a year of Kid Rock seeing I started the year at his concert and finished listening to his new album.
  6. Oh My God, Tribe Called Quest: Just shows that you don't have to listen to new music all the time. No clue what it means other than a good song for good times.
  7. Claire De Lune, Debussey: Classical made the top ten. This is one of the greatest songs of all time. So peaceful, plus it was in Oceans 11. And yes, it was in Twilight, but let's not mention that fact again.
  8. Take A Bow, Muse: Great song for flights and road trips (particularly since I spent what felt like 1/2 the year traveling) ... and shocker, it was on the running mix.
  9. I Like It, Enrique Iglesias and Pit Bull: Make fun, but great for running and let's be honest ... all about the Jersey Shore. T-Shirt Time, CABS R HEYA.
  10. Northern Sky, Nick Drake: Probably not what he wanted, but this song has become a chic fick song. Regardless, it's an amazing, uplifting happy song. Clearly, if I played this song a number of times in 2010, there were some really good moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment