Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 ... It's going to be a good year or I'm going to punch a midget

So far, 2011 is off to an amazing start. Looking forward to a year of great travels and some really entertaining times. Some highlights from New Years:
  • The bowl games have been interesting. No comment on any of the teams I like but I was really happy to see TCU win. Now if only Arky and Oregon can win, all will be salvaged. Especially Oregon. If Auburn wins, I might have to disown some relatives (the more I think about it, maybe I want Auburn to win?)
  • Had a great time on NYE with the crew. Cooked up a nice meal of shrimp, steaks, potatoes, salad, corn, beans, bread and oh yeah booze and champagne. Naturally, we had to make sure all of our beer was English and the bubbles were French.
  • This marks two low key New Years Eve in row and they were a great time. Note to self -- don't spend $150 at a hotel event
  • Got the new EA workout thing on PS3 -- never thought a video game would make you exercise.
  • Winter Classic -- it has made me appreciate hockey. Well, that and the ESPN program 24/7. Now if only I could ice skate ...
  • Deep Fryer -- probably not the best purchase, but I ended up getting a fryer. Now there is nothing healthy about a fryer unless you take into account the feeling of satisfaction after eating something that tastes amazing. So I made some Beignets ... they are only healthy in France.

No comments:

Post a Comment