Monday, November 22, 2010

TSA to the rescue!!!

Over the last couple of weeks, there have been a number of rumblings about TSA agents and their over zealous pat downs. Many people are complaining and the media is making it their priority to discuss all of the "new" techniques (see Europe in the 90's and 00' -- they used all these measures) and security measures. Personally, I think the media agenda is a result of some members of the media not getting the reach around they wanted from a certain TSA agents, but maybe that is just me.



Seriously though ... I've been traveling a substantial amount lately and for some reason, I'm profiled as someone who gets the scanner as well as a pat down. I wish I had something fun to say, like it "reminded me of prom night" or "I haven't felt that violated since that night I was in a Hungarian prison with Richard Greico," but alas, I have none.



In fact, the only people I've seen complain are rather large people who deep down on the inside, probably want someone to feel them up in public. I think Lewis Black put it best the other night on the Daily Show when he said some people actually need these friskings.



The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Back in Black - Nanny State
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show Full EpisodesPolitical HumorThe Daily Show on Facebook




Yes, my comments are moderately insensitive and I know there are some very sad and unfortunate incidents, but these things happen. I also understand the protection of civil liberties and the violation of one's personal space. But as a frequent traveler, I also don't want someone to cut my throat with an improvised knife or the guy next to me to light his Calvin Klein's on fire. Call me crazy, but I'm ok with the security measures because I have no desire to die being vaporized in mid air or plummeting to Earth at 600 mph.



In other news -- great image from my sister. Personally, I believe there is more magic involved.





And since I mentioned him -- El Ricardo Greico -- He's almost as awesome as David Silver (course, he did marry Meghan Fox).





No comments:

Post a Comment