Saturday, November 6, 2010

It's cold ... why am I running?


Some people run for fun ... I am not one of those people. After graduating from college, I said the next time I would run would be because someone was chasing me. Little did I know, your metabolism slows down a bit as you get older so running becomes a bit of a necessity.

Lately, I've been running more races and can attest that its solely behind the (almost) 20 pounds I've lost since August 31. This morning, I ran in the Children's Hospital of Atlanta Strong Legs 10K. Usually not a big thing, but I woke up to 30 degrees and over an inch of ice covering my car. Yeah, it was cold. I also smacked my head against the trunk trying to find the ice scraper because clearly, it is too early in the year to have it in the car.

Despite the comically cold temperatures, the race was awesome and I had a great time. Not that I'm going to run the whole thing, but at least I'm one step closer to being ready for my 1/2 marathon in three weeks. Special thanks to Army Medic Jerome, Hurricane Trisha and Kelly Arrrgggghhh for running along side and making it an entertaining morning. I'd also like to thank iTunes for creating the greatest iPod running mix of all time and a few others for playing he role of doubting Thomas -- casse toi! Yup, that's French ... google it.

Now to the junior league ball where I will destroy everything good I've done today in four or five drinks. Images and entertaining stories to follow ... I mean they have a bourbon tasting for a couple of hours -- its going to be a great night.

25 Days!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment