Friday, November 12, 2010

Another week, another trip ...


And this trip has been amazing. I absolutely love Chicago. Its an amazing city. Granted, I'm here for work and have been getting up at 5 AM each day, but aside from that, its been a tremendous trip. Some key things about Chicago:
  • Food is outstanding -- had the best steak of my life at Mastros last night. Also had some lobster mashed potatoes that were phenomenal.
  • Also had some Chicago style deep dish pizza -- more amazingness yet, I'm pretty sure it was 5,000 calories per bite. No big thing - I've walked about 15 miles and actually went running yesterday.
  • Michigan Mile -- awesome shopping and not nearly as expensive as SF or NYC
  • Wrigley Field -- I fulfilled a childhood dream by getting to see Wrigley Field. Granted, no one was playing, but still ... awesome
  • Harry Caray's - yeah, not the best bar in the world, but I had to go, drink a beer and pay homage to the guy that babysat me for springs and summers when I was little.
  • Willis / Sears Tower -- standing over the glass balcony was something else. I didn't do any odd pictures because let's be honest, I don't love heights.
  • Sprinkles -- by far the greatest cupcakes ever made.
  • Palmer House -- an old hotel, but cool atmosphere and we got upgraded. Nothing says great trip like a corner suite with some Mafia style decor.
  • Chicago reminds me of a clean, nice New York City where more people speak English and are much much nicer. I think I love this city.
  • Main Street / Storefront Shopping with co-workers is a good bit of fun. We didn't get to do much of it because of work, but it was fun while it lasted.
  • Potbelly Sandwiches -- yeah, pretty awesome sandwiches. Not much else to say but go there ...











No comments:

Post a Comment