Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Anyone seen my slurpie?

I'm pretty sure Dr. Noisewater's Facebook Post from early this morning about says it all, "I feel like Jackie Moon tonight..."I'm so happy I can't feel my arms!" He was responding to the election results and the fact that the current government is about to change. I admit, despite being a bit fluy, I stayed up to watch the election results come through.

I could go on and on about some political rants and my thoughts and feelings on it all, but I won't - I'll just keep it to a paragraph or three. I just think watching everyone go a bit wonky last night was entertaining. Watching Fox, CNN and MSNBC was like watching / being on a bad date with a bi-polar schizophrenic -- they were all over the place and ranging from euphoria to fear-mongering.

Here's what I took out of it: The Dems now feel there's work to do (yeah, no shit -- where have you been), the Reps are saying its time for a change (Captain Obvious has entered the building) and Harry Reid pulled a clever Kennedy-esque move by getting truck loads of immigrants and union workers to vote for him in Las Vegas. I also found it a bit disturbing that the pundits on CNN were calling a number of the candidate -- insurgents. Hmm -- interesting use of words considering the segment before they were talking about how we killed 10 insurgents in Afghanistan earlier in the day.

I'm curious to see the President's press conference today at 1 PM today and his approach (by the way, Gibby's days must be numbered -- PLEASE GET RID OF THAT STUTTERING MORON).

If Obama is smart, he will go Bill Clinton on us (please Obama, go Clinton on us), get his ego in check and get this country on track. I actually hope this is what he is going to do because I love this country and have become an optimist -- yes, an optimist -- and I believe that something good can and will happen. But during a long call with Chicago Girl last night, she summed it all up, "Jed, what's wrong with you? Who are you? Why are you being optimistic? I'm a liberal and even I know that will never happen."

At least we can all agree that life is a bit better today -- Skeletor is no longer in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment