Monday, November 7, 2011

Smiling Joe comes to Atlanta

While I was out a lunch today, I was astonished that all the streets were closed and there were hundreds (literally) of cops everywhere. Immediately, I thought ... are we under attack? what's going on ??? 

Boy was I wrong ... Mayor Reed and the APD rolled out the red carpet for the coolest muther f@cker alive ... Smiling Vice President Joe Biden.  That's right boys and girls ... we shelled out the following for his visit:
  • 36 motor cycles 
  • 18 police cars 
  • A Swat Team 
  • Two Police Helicopters 
  • The entire police academy (I know that b/c I asked a cop and that's what he told us)
  • The mobile command center (pretty sure its a food truck painted black)
  • Barricades up and down all the streets 
  • Marietta, Piedmont and W. Peacthree closes for more than 30 minutes 
... all so Joe Biden could drive by.

I stood on the corner of W. Crescent and 14th street and saw George Bush's motorcade on 9/11.  It was slightly larger and better armed, but that was also two days after the greatest terror attack on our country.  I love Smiling Joe and all ... but I'm not overly pleased that we used that much tax money when there are ginormous pot holes, water main breaks and a ton of protestors crapping all over Woodruff Park. Perhaps Mayor Reed should focus on something other than looking good to the Democratic Party by pimping out the entire police force.


No comments:

Post a Comment