Monday, November 14, 2011

Perfect weekend

Despite my leg injury, which becomes more and more frustrating by the day, I had a great weekend. I decided that I was going to do what I wanted, regardless of cast. Unfortunately, I learned that the cast was a significant hindrance to fun. Some highlights:
  • The cast isn't going away ... three more weeks. All is healing, but not nearly as quickly as I'd like. No surgery ... but I'm still stuck in this stupid boot.
  • Watched the start of College Basketball and UNC play on Friday, on an aircraft carrier, CV USS Carl Vinson, in San Diego. The didn't play very well, but at least I got to watch a basketball game on an aircraft carrier. And despite my dislike for POTUS, his speech and grand standing wasn't so bad.  Course, if UNC lost, I might say otherwise
  • Saw Horrible Bosses ... everyone should see this movie. Some fantastic one liners:  I'M A GREEN BELT! 
  • Went to the UGA v. Auburn game in Athens. My first game of the year and it was amazing. Nothing like watching Auburn get blown out at home. And most importantly, I don't have to hear anyone say WAR DAMN EAGLE for a while. WAR DAMN PISS OFF! 
  • I'd say 1/3 of the crowd left before mid-4th quarter to go home and beat traffic ... that's awesome.  People left early b/c UGA was winning so badly they wanted to get home to watch something else
  • Prior to the game (and for Veteran's Day celebrations), there was a fly over of F-16s after the national anthem ... fly overs make everything better.  I wish my alarm clock was a fly over of F16s or F22s 
  • Walking around Athens wasn't the most fun. Here's some things I learned about super boot: 
    • Train tracks are not the best surface for walking in the dark 
    • Gravel, hills, mud and are not conducive to the boot experience 
    • The boot does add extra warmth, insulation ... finally, a plus.
  • Watched Manny Pacquia fight Marques and it was a tad uneventful. Not the typically Manny fight, but, he won. Granted, the strangest moment of the entire fight was the post match interview where Marques was sitting there naked with a sombrero over his junk.  What, you couldn't wear a towel and also the sombrero? And why was a mariachi band in his dressing room? So many questions ... so little time. 
I have some videos / images I'll try and post later in the day. Unfortunately, I have this job thing and need to make that a priority over uploading images.

No comments:

Post a Comment