Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This will not end well ...

Let me set the record straight so not to confuse both people that read this (cough, cough ... Pippen) ... I love the idea of bombing bad guys and our "enemies". But I'm not behind doing it because some protesters want us to and some crack heads are yelling loudly on CNN.

According to the world's greatest news network, our government is mulling plans to attack Libya. Granted, we have contingency plans for everything, but knowing the brain trust operating the Titanic called Washington, I wouldn't be surprised if we were actually moving on this action.

In an effort to not bore you all with my rant on stupid decisions, I'll just say this ... A military attack against Libya is a horrible idea and sets a foreign policy precedent that Carter wouldn't dare implement. Then again, I want a new administration so maybe Obama should order the attacks. Story from CNN - link.

It's and interesting article that boarders on fact and speculation. My favorite part of the article is John Kerry's comment (clearly proves that our politicians, regardless of their military service, have absolutely no idea how things work): "Sen. John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, called for the United States to impose a no-fly zone over Libya. While he noted that the Libyan people weren't asking for foreign troops, he said they "do need the tools to prevent the slaughter of innocents on Libyan streets."

Dear failed presidential candidate Kerry -- you gotta bomb the SAM sites before you can have a no fly zone which means we have to act first before it can be a "no fly zone". Last I looked, our planes aren't Transformers and invincible. Luckily, CNN quoted Gates who said something similar.

To be honest, I'm not sure why I'm annoyed by this. Typically, I'm all for bombing Gadaffi and eliminating some bad guys, but this just smells bad. Why should we do something because some protesters say so ... and will we act when this happens somewhere else?

Enough ranting ... I guess I'm working too much resulting in not fun posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment