Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vice Presidential Debate review

Well, I have a number of thoughts about this debate and will bullet them out below. First off, Martha is not as bad as Leherer as a moderator, but she's still piss poor.  I think they need to have a non media moderate or perhaps a talking dog? You know, that German Sheppard that barks I love you? Pretty sure that would be better than what we are forced to watch.  Anywhoo, some of my key learnings: 
  • Mularky -- pretty sure someone in the audience "shat" themselves when that was said. Literally, you could hear some one try and laugh and then it sounded like a minor explosion. 
  • Biden's laughter is interesting ... I'm pretty sure its a nervous move but it kinda makes him look like a smug lil bitch. I love me some smiling Joe, but I don't care for the bitchy laugh. If I used a smug laugh in some of my meetings, it would not go over well and I'd lose my job.  
  • Another complaint on Mr. Biden -- he's really argumentative tonight. Where the fun loving, drunk, rambling Joe that I've come to love? I even started directly into his teeth looking for some mesmerizing wisdom and drunken revelry, but I got nothing. 
  • Ryan must have hit up the P90X early this AM or he was hammering some vodka in that glass. 
  • Conflating? Biden said it twice and I have no idea what it means but I"m certainly going to figure out a way to work it into at least four conference call next week. 
  • "Hey Taliban -- we are getting the f*ck out in 2014. Put down your guns and wait til Jan 2015 until we leave." -- Amazing military strategy -- tell the enemy when we are leaving! It's a phenomenal approach that will ensure they stop fighting, go back to their mud huts and help re-establish the Afghan Narnia.  
  • "Afghans to do the job! Afghans to do the job!" - not the quote of the night but Biden's attempt to argue Afghan policy.  
  • "All our allies are on the same page," said Biden on Syria -- except Russia. See, they are arming Assad and they don't agree with us. Yeah, umm, hmm ... ok, moving on. 
  • At least Biden didn't laugh during the abortion comments ... that would have been a tad tacky.
  • "Hey Martha -- I hope I get equal time ... and I mean at the bar damn it. Where's my beer." Joe said the first part and I added in the latter. I quit listening because his laughter made me sick. 
  • And the final speeches:  
    • Biden:  he thanks Marta and then talked about inheriting a bad situation. YES-- blame Bush, baby, blame him! At least Biden had a closing speech - much much better than Obama.
    • Ryan: At least he thanks Joe and looked into the camera.  His closing statement was a speech and not a rambling. What's up with the rambles from the democrats? Did they never watch Kennedy? Seriously, he's on YouTube, look it up.  Anywhoo, Ryan looked more presidential and I'm sure both sides are going to claim victory. 
So ... when is Obama gonna bring out Bill to bail him out? Biden was condescending, kinda rude and certainly not presidential but at least was combative -- enough to get the Democrats excited. I'll bet you a Buffallo nickle that Willie will be on the scene shortly.  

Honestly, I think we need to look to the East and create a monarchy.  Yeah, a monarchy.  After the first two debates and the fact that our Congress is on "break", I think we need to take a new approach and try out the monarchy. But I'll leave you on my last take away form the debate ... Smiling Joe makes me think of Ricky Bobby! Yeah, that's right ... Ricky Bobby! 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment