Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanks for the memories, Chipper!



Friday night marked the end of Chipper Jones career. I'm not going to lie, after I watched his final press conference, I teared up and felt a piece of me die a little because his career was finally over.  Granted, the a few hours earlier I was all fired up and plotting ways to severely maim and injure Joe Torre, MLB and the Umpires after their horse shit "infield / outfield" fly rule. I don't care if the Braves weren't going to win, that call was absolutely horse shit.  Worst call ever.

Anywhoo ... Thanks, Chipper. I've enjoyed all the heroics and your leadership the last (almost) 20 years.  The late inning magic / home runs and the fight with Jamie Moyer are some of my favorite baseball memories. Hopefully, we will see you in the front office in a few years ... or join Glavine in the box making fun of Simmons. Regardless, you've left your mark, had an amazing career and the Braves will never be the same. Godspeed and enjoy the Hall of Fame.


No comments:

Post a Comment