Monday, October 8, 2012

Careful, Canada's getting nationalistic

Great FRONT PAGE story on MSNBC today about how Canada is celebrating the 200 anniversary of the War of 1812 and discussing how the Canadians fought off the Americans.  Nevermind that they one won battle and not the war, but that's really not the point with Canada.  Their goal is to create something out of nothing because when your a country ruled by polar bears, that's what you do.  

And a couple of quick things:  Canada became a nation in 1867 ... so this would have been a conflict against Britain and not Canada ... hmm. Anywhoo, I'm not going to to into my Canada rant because I'm in a good mood today, but really MSNBC? Please stop with all the hard hitting journalism. I'm not sure I can take much more award winning stories like this one:  Canada Higlights War of 1812 with US as Villain

And as a Monday Funday ... some South Park for ya ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment