Monday, October 22, 2012

Finally, the last debate

So I'm watching the final debate and sharing a few comments in real time. So here goes:

  • So far, so boring. Yawn ... I hope it picks up soon. 
  • ok ... now it's going and here comes my only rant. The comment about the "1980's called and want their foreign policy back" shows how short sighted and uninformed this presided acts.  His callousness towards the Russians is amazing and they are run by an ex-KGB leader who wants nothing more than to further dominate natural resources and build a modern empire, as well as modernized military. Course, this is the same man that told Vlady to just wait til after November for further conversations.  Read any European newspapers -- Putin has no respect for Obama and walks all over him. Its embarrassing ... and I'm not saying Romney would do better, but the comment was stupid and now I'm irritated b/c act presidential for once.  Just once ... presidents don't  make sarcastic comments. Imagine if we had a real leader that didn't resort to pandering and ridiculous comments to win votes. 
  • This debate is garbage so far ... it's a contest of one liners and argumentative comments. Might as well be hosted on MTV with Jesse Camp sitting in the background doing heroin. 
  • Bob Schaffer just brought up Mubarak ... relevant how? And no, the Egyptians didn't run over their people with tanks.They ran around on camels with knives and beat up Anderson Cooper. I watched it live ... see 1989 and Tienanmen Square for people getting run over by tanks.
  • "America is stronger now than when I came into office,"  -- I feel stronger ... don't you? I've been in the gym and I'm pretty sure so has the rest of the country. 
  • Opa! We are on the road to Greece everyone. Woo Hoo. If that's the case, I'm wearing armor everyday and moving to Sparta. THIS IS SPARTA! 
  • At the 30 minute mark they talked a lot about teachers and argued over numbers from Mass in the mid 90's.  In a meeting today at work  I told my team that I enjoyed Jack and Coke slushies. Yeah, neither are really relevant.   
  • Space ... OMG ... space? Did he just say SPACE?  I immediately send you to this link to watch Dave Chappelle and Black Bush.  United States of Space ... M . A . R . S .... MARS, BITCHES! 
  • "Fewer horses and bayonets?" Umm ... yeah. 
  • I think the common sense light just clicked on and both are talking calmly about Iran and Israel instead of making negative remarks about each other. 
  • So now we are talking about travel and the apology tour ... POTUS is getting angry.  He's getting defensive and of course, Romney is just staring forward into Bob Schaffer's eyes like its Prom night. Just like on Saturday Night Live, maybe he will turn into Barak "The Rock" Obama and start throwing things.
  • For some reason, I really want to hear the Beatles ... You say "yes", I say "No"; You say "Stop" and I say "go, go, go"
  • Yawn ............................... I just got some new arm sleeves for running ... these things are pretty cool. 
  • Speaking about Pakistan now -- I'm trailing off because they are both rambling and I no longer care. Did you know, that if you shorten the word Pakistan into the first 4 letter and call someone from Pakistan that ... that is very bad. I did that on accident when I lived in London b/c i heard one of my co-workers call someone that ... note to self ... never say that again. It's bad ... 
  • Wait ... I think I heard Bob Schaffer slur the words Obama Bin Laden.  Awesome ... any chance we can get a moderator under 60 years old? I'm sure Carson Daley is available. 
  • Tweet of the night about the debate: "I just tried to fact check this debate and my laptop blew up." 
  • I nodded off ... something was said, POTUS got angry and Romney said that POTUS was wrong. 
  • Oh, one more thing ... the Navy SEALs killed Bin Laden, not politicians.
Both sides will claim that each won.  I think CNN will say Obama because he looked snarky and Fox / Drudge will say Romney because he wasn't snarky.  My dad will say Romney and my sister will say Obama. Honestly, they both were pretty bad and I'm still stuck on installing a monarchy. The fact that either one of these clowns will run the country (for the first time or again) is just frightening.  

I'll say it again, but wouldn't it be great if we can find some leaders who have leadership potential and act presidential? I know pandering is part of politics but sarcasm is embarrassing on both side. Since the debates are going to be run in this manner, then we should have them hosted on MTV and any other teen network around. These aren't debates, they are sarcastic grandstanding that I'm happy to see come to an end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment