Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday Morning Ramblings

So it's been a couple of days so I figured I'd catch everyone up on a few things:
  • Olympics starts this weekend and I noticed a few key sports are missing. Aside from Baseball which was removed purely because the rest of the world is tired of the US, couch vaulting is not on the schedule. I invited couch vaulting back in 2000 and while I never medaled in the sports I created, I sure broke a few coffee tables and pretty sure my wrist. Anywhoo -- couch vaulting is a highly skilled sports that requires balance, patience and tremendous amounts of alcohol.
  • COME TO PENN STATE, errr, maybe not.  Things are so cheerful in Happy Valley and they won't be for quite some time.  No matter what their coach says, when you have 60 scholarships and no bowls, your not going to compete for quite some time.  Oh well, I was never a Penn State fan and my only thoughts are the NCAA kinda over stepped their role here. Course, I wonder if we replaced Congress with the NCAA if something would get done in Washington ... 
  • Wedding planning -- its so much fun! I love it ... so much so that I retired from it last night. At this point, I think eloping is the greatest idea in the world, but alas, I have been over ruled.  Date, venue, etc. to follow at some date in the near future ... and no, it won't be in Vegas or in Westminster. 
  • The news that came out of Colorado in the last week is absolutely horrible. I've intentionally not talked about it because its a horrible situation and I hate the way the pro / anti gun groups are flying into the debate.  Its tacky and they should both let politics rest for a while.  I did see it was amazing that Christian Bale quietly visited the hospital and the memorial yesterday to see the victims. No PR team, no entourage ... just a concerned person providing to support to those affected by the tragedy.  A real class act.   
  • Speaking of Christian Bale, if you haven't seen the Dark Knight Rises, go see it now.  It's frickin amazing and actually connects back to the comic book. And yes, I was one of those kids that read the Dark Knight comic. Go see it ... the chanting and sound track will be seen at a college football game near you this Fall. Mark my words ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment