Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wait ... is that a Southern, coherent version Mumford & Sons?

I watch a lot of terrible TV, but I don't watch American Idol, because its really terrible. Well, while stuck in some of the worst traffic I've experienced in years, Phillip Phillps new song, Home, came on the radio (course it was also played during the All Star game but as soon as I realized Nickleback wasn't playing, I didn't pay attention).

At first, I thought Mumford and Sons were drunk and playing with an Americanized accent, but then I realized it wasn't that crappy act yet some kid who won American Idol -- and he's from Georgia.  So there you go ... another American Idol from Georgia - what's that, two or three?

Anywhoo, I still think he sounds like Mumford and Sons but at least you can understand what he's saying and his lyrics don't whine and contradict each other. So I don't hate him ... yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment