Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Olympic Fever

Unfournately, I've been busy at work or else I would have shared some more information / thoughts on the Olympics. Since it is in my second home of London, I thought I'd share some comments from the first 4 days:
  • Opening Ceremonies -- it ranged from amazing, cool to what the hell am I watching to, hey look, the English brought out Sir Paul who plays every major event.  The Swedes and the Danes tied for the most attractive team.  
  • NBC -- after 4 days, the highlight has been McEnroe and Seacrest. The rest have been pretty bad and their choices of what to show at night are pretty poor. Even in Australia they showed most of the games on alternate channels - live.  Why not this year? Oh and I get it, I can stream it, but my flat screen TV is a tad nicer than my iPad or laptop.
  • Gymnastics -- yeah, I don't care.  
  • Dream Team -- really don't care either ... Forbes put out a list of the top 10 paid athletes and 7 were on the Dream Team.  Would be way cooler if Brett Blizzard or Dante Calabria were raining threes.
  • Swimming -- Phelps looks like he didn't train as much and Lochte is an amazing athlete. Pretty sure he might not be a Rhodes Scholar. 
  • Twitter -- the real winner of the Olympics - NBC should learn from Twitter. 
  • Beach Volleyball -- love it every year.  I might consider watching it instead of the NFL and certainly more likely to watch than the NBA.
  • Water Polo -- Armegeddenon in water. LOVE ... waiting for someone to drown.  
  • China -- they cheat ... seriously.  Check out one of their swimmers - she has a bulge in her shorts and she's not a dude -- well maybe. At least she didn't get gender tested like the South African. Imagine showing up to work and they ask you to prove you sexuality. Awesome -- I'd sue ... a lot.  
  • London -- the Olympics have really made me miss my second home.  It really is a magical place and I hope I win the lottery soon so I can have a flat in London to visit the one weekend in the Summer when the sun is out.  
 I'll be sure to share much much more as the week progresses and more importantly, as some other cool events kick off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment