Thursday, October 20, 2011

Super Boot!

I'm pretty sure I might stop training for these 1/2 marathons ... no, not because they are tiring because I always get some sort of injury. For instance, Monday night I went for a nice 4 mile job. Around mile 3, I heard a pop and then my ankle rolled up on me. Fortunately, I was able to slowly jog home and then ice down. After a cramp and some uncomfortable hours of ice, I realize that this might be something more serious than a strain.

Well, the doctor confirmed and I tore part of my calf muscle. Woo hoo.  My reward for the injury, 4 -6 weeks in robo boot. A really awesome looking black cast that weight about twenty pounds and is about as much fun as a dodging celebratory bullets in Tripoli.

Here's a fun lil pick of robo boot: 


No comments:

Post a Comment