Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Debate #3 Highlights

Here's what I learned after last's night's debate:
  • The debate wasn't the best and reminded me a lot of an argument amongst teenagers ... aside from the Biggest Loser, there was nothing else on TV so I forced my self to watch part of it.
  • Newt, shocker, made the best point all night - he suggested that there be a real debate with Obama without a moderator. You could put Elmo in that debate and its a think that's a home run b/c POTUS can't even do a press conference and answer questions. He makes my old friend Gibby seem well spoken and poised. Speaking of which, let's figure out a way to get Gibby in the race. That would make it even more fun! 
  • I'm convinced CNN is backing these debates as an attempt to destroy the image of the Republican Party because each week, they pick on someone and try and break them down.  This week ... Herman Cain! I really don't have an opinion of the Godfather, but they sure twisted his words around last night.  Anderson was heaving up softballs for the other candidates to hit at Herman.
  • Romney tried to look tough but he really looked like a lil bitch ... yeah, I said it. Part of me was hoping that Perry was going to hit him when Romney put his hand on his back.  A fight would have made it so much cooler and entertaining.
  • Apparently, Ron Paul and Michelle Bauchmann were there, but I changed the channel a good bit and missed what they had to say. I do know that Michelle's outfit was very late 80's and looked as if she had a ship to catch.
  • Rick Santorum just needs to bow out ... I'm afraid if he became president, I'd go deaf from listening to his constant ramblings about nothing. He tried to make some historical comment about Iran and Regan that prompted me to change the channel to the Biggest Loser.
  • The red team on the Biggest Loser is a bunch of sissies ...I think its great the Hawaiian fellow has lost a lot of weight, but he needs to stop whining so much. 
  • What if they put Chris Christie on the Biggest Loser?  Maybe he could run for president afterwards. 
  • Finally -- the candidates discussed immigration and the Mexico boarder and the ideas were all over the place. I'm curious that no one brought up just invading Mexico for grins. But completely not seriously, I never thought I'd say it, but I think the double wall idea is great. And by great, I mean awful.  Google Maginot line ... it worked so well in France in 1940. 
  • And whenever I watch these debate,s I'm reminded of a scene in the movie Armageddon when Afleck, Willis and crew are working towards the space shuttle (FFWD to the end of the video clip below). The NASA pilot, and all world extra William Fichtner, says, "Talk about the wrong stuff".
I was hoping the debates were ending, but alas, there are 3 more next month.  I wonder if there is a way I could get into one of the debates. I'd wear a hat, Arafat's pistol and pick fights with everyone. Course, I'd also ask Michelle what she was like when she was 21 ... I'm betting crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment