Thursday, March 15, 2012

I'm back ... and I hate Karzai

Sorry for the hiatus ... I went overseas, got sick, sat in a three full days of meetings and finally experiencing 10 minutes of downtime. 

In my hiatus, I've become increasingly more annoyed with the situation in Afghanistan.  The massacre of the innocent people by a crazy person is horrible, but the media coverage is almost as horrible. And today, Horseshit (don't really care what his real name is ...) Karzai announced that he wants all US troops out of his villages (link to story). 

Cool. That's fine.  Why don't we go ahead and realize that he's not on our side and either leave, or 1963 his ass. And by that I mean have him removed. For you non historians, in 1963, Ngo Dinh Diem was president of Vietnam. His leadership wasn't inline with what we wanted, so there was a coup, and he died - all orchestrated by the CIA of course. 

If only Karzai realized that once we leave, figuratively and physically, he is dead.  So take your villages back and we will take back our special forces that are guarding you on a regular basis. Pretty sure that Chinchilla coat and hat won't stop bullets or bomb fragments.

The English said it best in 1890 - Afghanistan is the graveyard of empires. Personally, I'd like to turn most of it into glass or provide a permanent glow across most of it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment