Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Yup, 35 interesting years

Yup, Jed turned 35 today ...  kinda crazy.  Some key points about being 35:

  1. I feel old and thanks to all my years of baseball, I can tell you when its going to rain 
  2. My last concussion made me feel really old ... and stupid. The only good thing, I can play off drinking and just say the head injury causes the slurred speech. 
  3. If this were France, I'd be close to retirement ... since this is the US and our economy / government is a disaster, pretty sure I'll be working on the celebration of my second 35th birthday 
  4. I worked on my birthday for the first time in 10 years and it was great ... nothing beats a job with some amazing co-workers.  
  5. Last year, I got dumped three days before my birthday. Three days before my birthday this year, I was sitting in Fenway Park watching the Red Sox v. Yankees thanks to Retired Sorority Girl who gave me the most amazing birthday gift of all time.  I finally found someone who out gifts me ... hard to imagine. 
  6. So far, this has been the greatest birthday in years ... and it's only just begining. You all know Jed ... the birthday celebration lasts weeks. 
I've had 35 years of amazing adventures, mishaps, stories, hijinx and entertaining moments. I've been blessed with an amazing family and friends that make life exciting, entertaining and fulfilling.  I've seen large portions of the world and made friends from cultures I never thought would ever entertain a loud American from the South. I'm blessed to say I have "brothers and sisters" from all corners of the world that have shaped my views and I accidentally (and occasionally intentionally) insult frequently.  


And I did all this in just the first 35 years ... no telling what's going to happen in the next 35!  Cheers to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment