Friday, May 11, 2012

RIP Horst Faas

As a kid, I love reading, looking at books about war, especially Vietnam. I know, it seems strange to modern kids, but I grew up during the Cold War when the news was dominated by soverign nations that wanted to nuke each other or fence line shootings in Korea and Germany. Funny how there are a generation of American out there who have no idea that life was like that during the 80s beyond the images of the crappy music or horrible fashion.

Anywhoo, I loved pictures of war / battle and will always remember the name Horst Faas because it seemed like the guy took 2/3s for all the pictures. Plus, being the son of a photographer, I was always reading the captions to see who took each images ... and Horst's name was not one you could easily forget. 

Horst died yesterday but his images will live on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment