Thursday, May 3, 2012

Patient Zero



For the past week (almost a week), I've had the pleasure of a viral / stomach infection. While most people think, that's horrible, I'm going to take a few minutes an focus on a few positives about this stomach virus:
  • I got to know a lot about the Emory Emergency Room 
  • I have kick started my diet and lost 10 pounds 
  • I slept 20 hours in a single day and 16 another
  • 5 consecutive hours of vomiting led to an intense ab work out.  The spreading of the infection to my lungs and subsequent fits of coughing have led to additional ab works outs 
  • Despite the fact that I can't remember any of what I've seen due to the 101 - 102 degree fever, I have seen a number of movies. I do recall Haywire -- it was shit.  
  • A number of my friends have been blessed with this virus as well -- I take credit for being first! 
I'm not sure I would recommend replacing Weight Watchers or a personal trainer with this virus, but if you seriously hate yourself and want to get in a painful workout that you will never forget, go hang out at hospital, festival or anywhere there are children because all of those places are rampant with the virus. Within hours, I promise you will have an experience that you won't forget for years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment