Monday, April 16, 2012

A Weekend of Celebration

After a short hiatus, I'm back to the world of blogging. I need to figure out a way to become a more consistent blogger. Kinda like the t shirt I saw the other day, work is getting in the way of my drinking problem. Anywhoo ...

This weekend was a memorable one that focused on celebration and memories.  I headed off to Nashville and got to spend some brief, yet quality time with my sister, brother-in-law and my nephew. I haven't figured out a name for him yet, but give me time and I'll create something clever.

INSERT NAME Nephew is at an age where he just smiles (which is awesome) -- but I was also told that smiles also means that he's crapping in his diaper.  Oh good times -- I wish I could be that age and smile whether I'm talking to others or taking a crap in my shorts. The good news ... I've already converted my nephew into a Red Sox fan - pics to follow shortly.

---------

I also headed up to Nashville to celebrate the life of Captain Fry's father, Chris. He was an amazing man who I was lucky enough to spend a good bit of time and enjoy his sense of humor, love for baseball and his family. Fry and I played baseball together and on long / losing road trips, his mom and dad were usually with my parents and provided supportive hugs / comments and comic relief after difficult games.  I also had the benefit of taking a vacation with Fry's family back in the late 90's to Cancun. Let's just say I was the only one who spoke Spanish which led to some very entertaining situations.  To this day, I still share stories from the trip and view it as one of my favorites memories. 

I admired the relationship Fry had with his father because I've never seen a father so proud of his son. Friends and family reiterated that all weekend as well as shared some really entertaining stories about Chris in his younger years. I thoroughly enjoyed the chance to meet a wide range of friends and family, hear some amazing stories and celebrate Chris' life.

Even though I kid with him all the time, I know Fry possess all the amazing things that Chris offered the world and will be proud of all that Fry will achieve.

Godspeed Chris ...


No comments:

Post a Comment